Printing Manager (Garment Company)
Textiles / Garment
Textiles / Garment
Planning & Strategy:
- Financial is calculated at the most efficiency of all orders in line.
- Capacity - Must be able to calculate printing department capacity levels and ensure the printing department is always running at the most efficient levels possible.
- Essential to running a printing department and the manager should be able to set up, run and maintain the critical path planning for all departments to ensure on time deliveries are made.
- Planning - Maintain quality control processes to ensure every print job is done on time at high quality. The printing manager organizes, controls and monitors the progress of each order in the printing department, check the schedule, confirm products, specifications, arrange the work of staff in the department, monitor the quality of the product and ensure deadline are met.
- Output – Make sure the supply to the lines meets the necessary output required for the department to operate at its capacity.
- Cost – Daily factory cost analysis is done to maintain the monthly cost / revenue targets are met.
- The Printing manager needs to understand the working ability of each worker then arrange for the right level in every process of printing.
- Efficiency – This position is responsible for production and efficiency of the printing department; maintain quality standards as per customer’s requirements.
- Mechanizing – continuously monitoring the printing equipment, machines and other department assets to ensure that the department is always operational and up to date, and that new developments within the field are reviewed and considered to improve the output.
- Ink printing controlling – this person need to build the system for order and using the ink for printing; control the ink mixer plan and use ink in the most economical and effective way.
- Utilize the workforce at right manner and reasonable cost.
- Make sure all the subordinators in compliance with the company regulation and required productivity.
- Well-manage department workforce and ask for support from back office if really necessary.
- Build up career path for all staff levels (especially for supervisors and team leaders) and conduct right training and coaching efficiently.
- Design incentive schemes to increase productivity and motivate the work force.
- Cleanliness –Responsible for keeping all aspects of the printing area clean, tidy and organized. Especially the waste water printing system is very important to keep clean and always in controlled.
Training and coaching:
- Arrange on-the-job training for new staff and all current staff in their team to help understand, anticipate potential obstacles and guide the building of the structure, accountability, and support necessary
- Find out staff’s abilities, maintain and improve their job skills, and possibly prepare for jobs requiring greater skill.
- Identify gaps between where the staff is and where the staff needs or wants to be attained
- Have at least 3 years working experience in printing technical/Garment business as a printing manager.
- Good knowledge of printing procedure/fabrics
- Good Printing technical and analytical skills required
- Have worked in printing department of fashion factories before
- Good communication both in English / Vietnamese
- Good computer skill
- Hard-working – The Printing Manager need to work in the most efficient way and constantly be thinking of ways to improve and increase productivity;
- Not adverse to change –Must be able to listen and collect opinions from its team, analyze these points, and put new systems into place where necessary.